SimShots: 1-10


 Some time ago, I began a series known as SimShots, in which I take one song and transform it into a series of images using the Sims series. I'd like to take a moment to showcase them here and explain them in further detail. So, without further ado...

  1. Don't You Want Me by The Human League. 

This is the first one created, and was simply a retelling of the song. A guy meets a girl who is in need of a change. She's a waitress and she's unstable, but he fixes her up. He fixes her up and she leaves him and never looks back. He just wants her back.   

 2. Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland

I've always loved anything related to The Wizard of Oz, so naturally, I enjoyed recreating a few shots from the original movie. You know the story: Dorothy lands in Oz after a tornado; she meets the Scarecrow, the Tinman and the Lion; she battles the Wicked Witch and meets the Wizard himself. Finally, she returns home

 3. Somethin' Stupid by Frank Sinatra and Nancy Sinatra

For one, I love this song. However, deep inside, I also really love 'love'. The idea of true love is something I wish I could have, but this was about Valentine's Day, and while I didn't celebrate it, my sims did. Every day. 

 4. Creep by Radiohead

This song is one of the reasons I wanted to start this series. I'd say I could relate to the lyrics of 'Creep', but I don't stalk people. In this set, a photographer creep falls in love with his client, but he doens't realise the feelings are mutual. 

5. Cool Kids by Echosmith

Most people can relate to this idea; that longing to be a part of the cool kid gang. Essentially, I utilized the Bluffs and some adorable sims to create the stereotypical 'unpopular girl longs to be cool' trend. Plus, the colours in this set are quite stunning. 

 6. Monster by Lady Gaga

This song is both demonic and captivating, if that makes sense. I like the lyric 'he ate my heart' for how dark it sounds, and toyed with the break-up of a couple and the potential for destruction it could lead. The blonde woman in Shot 5 represents both her insanity and the angel of Death, coming to take her away. 

 7. Yesterday by the Beatles

This set is based around the romance comedy, The Vow, which again shows how much I kinda adore romance when I can't find some myself. None of the images really spoil the movie, but essentially, a car accident causes her to forget her marriage to her husband. He longs for her to remember 'yesterday'. 

 8. Til it Happens to You by Lady Gaga

Domestic abuse is a serious issue that affects a number of families. Another reason I started this series was to provide an inside look at how an issue can affect someone. This set shows an abusive husband hurting his wife while their child is around to witness it.  

 9. Beauty and the Beast from Beauty and the Beast

If you don't know what Beauty and the Beast is, I'd ask you to leave right now and watch it. In this set, I took a classic movie and spun a twist on it. The Beast toppled off the roof and died an unfortunate death, and now, in sadness, Belle is forced to spend the rest of her life in Gaston's arms. 
 
10. Constant Craving by k.d. lang

More romance. More god damn romance. In this set, one man falls for a various number of women, but his attempt to hide his secret loves does not end well for him. Sometimes, especially in his case, even the slightest dreams are best left hidden. 

______________________

Coming Soon: Sets 11-20. 

-Tiger   

Comments

  1. I love these! This is such a clever idea, it makes me want to do something like this as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Connection Chapter 1: An Odd Meeting

The Soul Connection Chapter 12: Cuts and Bruises